Since 1990, Ms. Palmieri has devoted 100% of her career to Criminal Trial Law. Before founding her very successful criminal defense practice, she served as a prosecutor with:
- The Hillsborough State Attorney's Office, as Felony Deputy Chief
- The Office of Statewide (inter-county) Prosecution, as Assistant Statewide Prosecutor
- The Pinellas-Pasco State Attorney's Office, as Lead Trial Attorney
During her 12 years as a prosecutor, Ms. Palmieri worked closely with law enforcement officers to build successful cases against defendants. Having built thousands of strong cases for the prosecution, it follows naturally that she has the insight and expertise to recognize weaknesses in the State's case against you. There are very few other attorneys with both this vast and diverse prosecutorial experience, and Board Certification by the Florida Bar.
With the Pinellas-Pasco State Attorney's office, Ms. Palmieri was a Lead Trial Attorney handling DUI, domestic battery, and other misdemeanor cases. Ms. Palmieri then advanced to the Felony Division where she was assigned child sexual abuse crimes, in addition to other serious felonies: murder, robbery, sexual battery, carjacking, drug trafficking, burglary, theft, and fraud. She was also part of the DUI Manslaughter squad which responded to traffic accident scenes and advised law enforcement.
Ms. Palmieri furthered her prosecution and trial experience as an Assistant Prosecutor for the Office of Statewide Prosecution in the Tampa Bureau. (See http://myfloridalegal.com/swp
for a brief synopsis.) The Statewide Prosecutor and his Assistants are charged with investigating and prosecuting multi-circuit organized crime including: bribery, burglary, usury, extortion, gambling, kidnapping, theft, murder, prostitution, perjury, robbery, home invasion, carjacking, narcotics violations, antitrust violations, anti-fencing violations, crimes involving fraud and deceit, computer crimes, racketeering, and attempts, solicitations, or conspiracies to commit these offenses. Ms. Palmieri personally handled numerous extremely complex white collar prosecutions including racketeering, conspiracy, securities fraud, bank fraud, and other related crimes.
As an Assistant Statewide Prosecutor, she lectured Special Agents of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) in their White Collar Crime training course, and at the St. Petersburg Criminal Justice Training Academy.
Finally, to round out her criminal trial experience across the Tampa Bay Area, Ms. Palmieri accepted a position with the Hillsborough State Attorney's Office as a Lead Trial Attorney, and ultimately as a Deputy Chief in the Felony Division. She handled hundreds of serious felony offenses including drug trafficking, carjacking, attempted murder, armed robbery, weapons charges, and burglary.
Her cases frequently involved 10-20-LIFE, Habitual Felony Offender, Prison Releasee Reoffender (PRR), and Three Strikes sentencing enhancements. To date, she has handled thousands of cases and tried over 80 jury trials, most involving serious felony offenses.
- Board Certified® by the Florida Bar, Specialist in Criminal Trial Law in 2000.
- Admitted to practice in all courts in Florida, The US District Court for the Middle District of Florida and The 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- AV-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell in 2011 - preeminent rating
- The Florida Bar, Member in good standing since 1990
- The Florida Bar, Chairwoman of the Board Certification Committee in Criminal Law, 2009-2010
- The Florida Bar, Vice-Chair of the Board Certification Committee in Criminal Law, 2008-2009.
- The Hillsborough County Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Hillsborough County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- President of the Pinellas County Trial Lawyers Association, 1997
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Fox13's 'Ask-A-Lawyer' Panelist
- Juris Doctor Degree
- Stetson University College of Law, 1990
- Bachelor of Science Degree - Microbiology
- University of Florida, 1985
- Continuing Legal Education, ongoing